View Single Post
Old 01.21.2015, 09:02 AM   #127
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
I think you'll like it. It's very far removed from HOT ROCK, though. It reminds me of DIG or COMBAT, in that it's all uptempo, occasionally dancy. Nothing close to, say, "Size of Our Love," or even "Get Up." Even CALL had the very moving "Heart Attack." Nothing like that here.

Carrie adds some much needed guitar weirdness, although if you thought her vocals were getting annoying, they are full-on cartoony at this point.

Corin's lyrics are almost shockingly poor. She still has something to say but she doesn't say it very poetically. Nothing close to "Like a star dumped into the universe," for example. Some lines actually make me cringe. Her voice is in great shape, though.

Janet is a genius.

I take it they made an easy-to-digest album to attract new fans, and an easy-to-play album to tour behind. This feels like a stopgap, and is musically speaking a few steps back. But I'm sure the live performances will add some juice.

I trust they'll work harder on the next one and make some art. This one has "product" written all over it and six months from now no one will care much about it. All that said, I have no doubt the reviews will be spectacular.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|