View Single Post
Old 05.12.2017, 12:11 AM   #48717
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
hows the new Actress, haven't heard it yet. is ne GAS out yet?
gas i'm not gonna comment on (haaaaaaaa......) but the actress record is really strong. certainly a grower: when I first heard it i thought it was oddly superficial for him (using field recordings of japanese speech in 2017 to connote the future is pretty ridiculous) and not overly cohesive, but it's crept up on me pretty rapidly to the point where I'm loving it, which is oddly the complete reverse of my relationship to ghettoville nowadays. first two sides of azd in particular are stunning, like the first promo track does nothing for me but in the context of the record just constantly picking up pace with those tracks the whole thing's very effective. definitely his most colourful record under any moniker since r.i.p., but again the effect is more heavily dulled. just much more vivid than ghettoville and even the levantis full length; like the latter fleshed out a bit more heavily and playing at 45, with none of the turgid conceptual baggage of the former (having said that still like this record, just cooled on it significantly).

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|