View Single Post
Old 11.05.2009, 04:42 AM   #27
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Basically, from the point when the "classic" Davis Quintet with Davis, Coltrane, Red Garland, Jimmy Cobb and Philly Joe Jones hits the scene in the mid 50s, right up until Trane dies in 67 and Davis initially retires in 1975, the vast majority of everything those guys produced (which comes to what, like 120 albums or something if you count in the live releases), or at least what I've heard, is fucking gold. It's just unbelievable. There are other jazz band leaders from that period that I still love, like, say, Coleman, but no one can touch those two for consistently making some of the best music ever across such a shocking range of styles. It makes my head spin.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|