View Single Post
Old 09.08.2010, 06:19 AM   #2306
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
lolwut?

Well, if not interactive movie, then "cinematic game"? Means pretty much the same thing, I think.. Run to a place, cue a 45 minute cut scene, talk on a codec, do a few "puzzles", sneak past a few guys (by this point, you've probably talked on a codec 4 or 5 times), cue another loooooooong cut scene, talk on a codec, run around, trigger something ridiculous, etc. On and on. 10 hour games consist of 3-4 hours of cinemas, a good 3 hours of "Sneaking" around (which I didn't bother with half the time... run up and break the guard's neck, or just run past 'em). Clunky control, AWFUL camera (finally fixed in MGS3: Subsistence), etc. I've played through all of them (didn't finish 4, since I don't own a PS3, but I played a lot of it, more of that in a sec), though, mainly because I like Kojima. I like Snatcher and Policenauts and Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner. I like a lot of what he's going for -- he's clever as hell. But really, MGS2 is TERRIBLE, maybe the most boring game I've ever played, the first MGS is a bit unplayable now (and the Cube version is broken; "here, let's implement first person shooting in all the boss battles -- BUT let's not introduce any new play mechanics in the bosses! that way, they'll be so easy you can end EVERY BOSS BATTLE in 3 seconds!"), MGS3: Subsistence is probably the best. I borrowed a friend's PS3 just to play through 4, got near the end and just shut it off. It was... about on the par with 3... with WOW! BANG! POP! CINEMASSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The interesting thing is, if you plug in Metal Gear Solid for the GBA, it's one of the best games ever made. ...uh, anyway.. I like the "oh shit, psycho mantis is reading my memory card!" and the "oh man! The secret codec on the BOX -- HEE, HEE, IT'S MY GAME CASE!!!!" Let's not forget the classic "I'm going to kill the end and never see him later! .... oh fuck, didn't get to in that first cinema, SO I'm going to set my ps2 forward a few years to kill him. Fuck that guy, hee hee!!!" I guess I kinda enjoy the wacked-out cinema, but I do honestly think the only worth those games have going for them are for the wacky, inventive little things like I just mentioned. So, yeah, I like Kojima, not so much the MGS games, but eh.

....As for Bioshock, I also borrowed that before (the PS3 version) and found it atmospheric and somewhat fun... really, the game is all about the atmosphere.. it won all kinds of awards, even though there were 50 DS games released daily back then that were better than Bioshock... either way! I don't like first person shooters at all and I still found it enjoyable, for what I played of it. It was extremely easy though.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|