Thread: Hip-Hop
View Single Post
Old 09.12.2009, 02:28 PM   #92
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty Prophet
I'm glad I was waiting for the lp to come out before buying it. Diesel, is the fourth or fifth person I've heard say basically the same thing about the album, its not delivering.

I've talked to maybe a dozen or so people, most are just kids at the record store who hang out and never buy anything, but rate albums because they've heard all of em from the internet, essentially these little shits don't know their history, of any genre of any music.

Funny story, last week one of em' was going on about aesop rock or some shit like that being the best producer, I tend to stay outta this type discussion but yeah, Aesop Rock?? I stepped in and mentioned the like of DJ Premier, Large Pro (who's new album is destroying shit), Pete Rock, Rza, Dr. Dre, Jay Dee, etc... and the kids looks at me and says:

''Nah man, I can't fuck with any of that west coast weird beat shit...''
Really?

Everyone on that list is east coast except Jay Dee (Detroit) and Dr Dre, neither of which make weird beats compared to Aesop Rock and that whole crew.

I looked at some of the guys that work there and we literally laughed this kid out of the store.

Lesson to people learning about music: read, listen, use your brain and most of all, don't act like you know when you don't.
Interesting story man.. Jay Dee is certainly one of the best produces to ever walk this earth. There's no doubt about that. I recommend downloading the 12 disc set "Library of a Genius" collection. it's awesome.. in fact, here's a great r and b track off of it. maybe you've heard it, if not check it out!
http://www.4shared.com/file/13223647...ingertips.html

But, in my town I feel pretty much all underground hip hop overlooked. While I do admire 80% of your listed producers, I feel that Aesop, along with the few others on Def Jux make some most interesting hip hop since 2000.
I like a lot of Stones Throw artists as well.
Anyone Heard OJ Simpson yet?? Looks awesome..

Also.. I like Cuban Linx II.. first one is way better.. but it's listenable as hell to me.

EDIT: first track I ever heard KRS-ONE on. simply jaw dropping..
http://www.4shared.com/file/95670167...-One_.html?s=1
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|