View Single Post
Old 05.04.2011, 10:09 AM   #26663
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
In the UK there are quite strict controls about listing what ingredients foods contain. Although food companies will always do their best to avoid this kind of regulation.

Although the body that monitors companies that produce food (Food Standards Agency) is one of the "quangoes" that the Tories want to abolish.

And also food has benefits - for one thing it keeps us alive. And as far as things like sugar are concerned, they are also beneficial to us if consumed in the right quantities. Tobacco is nothing but harmful. There is no "safe" amount of tobacco that we can use because the harm is accumalative.

And furthermore, if somebody stands outside a shopping centre munching on a Greggs sausage roll they are not going to do any harm to me or my children.

You may list what the food contains but there isn't a warning about how harmful it can be, especially when they don't know for sure. There isn't a warning about "we don't know exactly what effects this and that can have on your health".

The legal basis for certain lawsuits against tobacco companies was the fact that they weren't clear enough about the possible harmful consequences. Now that it is, I know what I'm doing what I'm smoking tobacco, it's clearly stated on the pack which should be my right as a consumer.

Of course food has benefits, but that doesn't mean you should be eating unhealthy stuff when there's healthy food available. In my opinion, you should do whatever the fuck you wanna do as long as you're informed of any dangers.

Munching on a sausage roll or smoking a cigarette, nobody outside a shopping centre will harm anybody who's just walking by will they? Realistically speaking. That is why they banned smoking in closed areas, because that could harm non-smokers against their will.

Or you can stay away, like we stay away from smelly people. The same cannot be said about the carbon monoxide in the air, we all have to breathe it.

and now im a craving sausage roll AND a smoke.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|