View Single Post
Old 05.07.2009, 12:33 PM   #39
negative8ball
bad moon rising

negative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's asses
These sound about right for similar shows I've been to... but my only SY experience was at the recent Merce show (at BAM) - and that crowd... well, it barely fit a ROCK show, let alone a Sonic Youth show... it was pretty awesome watching Thurston play with drumsticks while little old ladies sat 2 rows in front of me. Surreal to say the least...

I assume the Toronto show will be a SLIGHTLY different cross-section, but I find lately at ALL shows there's more people who just want to say they were there than actual fans (it seems)... so many scenesters. I actually stood near someone at a show not too long ago who had their back to the stage the ENTIRE show so they could keep chatting with their friends.
negative8ball is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|