View Single Post
Old 05.07.2008, 01:08 PM   #70
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Well, I don't think stuff like sun city girls, six organs, james blackshaw, jack rose, etc. has anything to do with the rest of that "freak folk" scene.. cuz, you know, that stuff's actually good. Haha.

I just think everyone should listen to every John Fahey and Robbie Basho album on repeat for a few months.

i made no indication that those bands are part of the "freak folk" movement, just that they have some folk influences in their very wide ranges of sound.

on a side note: i realize that my explaining my position i sounded like a pretentious dick, and i apologizee, so ill just say that the freak folk artists do not have any appeal to me for the most part.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|