Thread: Nirvana
View Single Post
Old 12.18.2013, 04:31 PM   #42
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
See, Paul got to work on the SGT PEPPER's project once he heard The Beach Boys' PET SOUNDS.

Oh, so there goes Severian's mistaken point that the Beach Boys were influenced by the Beatles, only more so then proving my point since the Beatles unapogetically praised Pet Sounds as a major influence for Sgt Pepper.. That is why its such a radical departure from the Beatles earlier records and sound. See, the Beatles weren't some kind of monolythic musical force living isolated in a vaccuum, only to let out music and not bring it in from outside. Beatles were influenced by what other great bands were doing too..

Quote:

This is basic 60s rock history, so I'm done.

And yet you've failed to respond to any of my other points so perhaps you're just throwing in the the towel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
And Lennon requested Alistair Crowley!

SGT PEPPERS (June 1967)

Their Satanic Majesties Request (December, 1967)

Yeah, but if you ask me, Sgt Pepper is a record that sounds more like a pre-1967 Stones record, so I dare that the Beatles were responding to the mid-1960s blues explosion to which the Stones were a huge part.

Quote:
The Stones are and were and will always be a fucking JOKE. fuck em and fuck their bullshit rip-off crap. Fuck Brown Sugar, fuck everyone that sings that shit not realizing it is about a slave master raping his latest slave girl "just around midnight."

Dude, taking the lyrics a bit too literal now are you? Simply put, that was a song about "jungle fever" and I'm sure a man as obsessed with derrier as you can understand intuitively. That song was trying to point out the irony of slavery, that white men had the hots for black women, and it WASN'T ABOUT RAPE. Believe it or not, just as in today, there were black women who actually had voluntary relationships with white men, shocking but true

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|