View Single Post
Old 04.30.2017, 08:46 PM   #21006
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
But Park Chan-Wook's Vengence trilogy is not a trilogy in the same way that Lord of the Rings is a trilogy, they don't have the same characters or follow a sequential series of events. Its a trilogy in theme only.
true. dat.

but you can see him as he matures though, and explores his subject, and there is value in that, especially because, as a philosopher, themes are very much his subject

and yeah, oldboy is the best one of the three, but for me that's like jumping to the main dish while skipping the appetizer, or something

a bit like music, with themes and variations

btw you ever watched hal hartleys' "flirt"? i haven't in ages but now i wanna see it again ha ha ha

--

also: i read up about the spike lee version and there's a rape in that plot that's absent in the korean version
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|