Thread: Abortion
View Single Post
Old 03.26.2006, 06:44 PM   #10
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
My view, in detail:

Life begins at conception - the glob of cells is human and alive. However, it isn't a person. Personhood requires more than simply being alive and human, clearly. When does personhood start? Impossible to answer, but in my opinion, well after birth.

I don't think that killing a fetus or unborn baby is morally wrong in any case. Infanticide is wrong if it's not your baby. If it's your baby, it's more complicated. In modern western culture, kiling your own baby is REALLY looked down upon.

However, I think that the laws should reflect the values of the majority of people - they should be a reflection of the average view, not my personal view. So, in America, I think abortion should be legal, but only through the second trimester (or maybe the first) - seems like a good compromise. That's pretty much how it works now - third trimester abortions are really rare.

Also, the term partial-birth abortion is a bullshit term made up by politicians.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|