View Single Post
Old 04.17.2006, 03:38 AM   #6
Sn@ke
bad moon rising

Sn@ke kicks all y'all's assesSn@ke kicks all y'all's assesSn@ke kicks all y'all's assesSn@ke kicks all y'all's assesSn@ke kicks all y'all's assesSn@ke kicks all y'all's assesSn@ke kicks all y'all's assesSn@ke kicks all y'all's assesSn@ke kicks all y'all's assesSn@ke kicks all y'all's assesSn@ke kicks all y'all's asses
"Then there was the whole “shoegazing” scene that we weren’t really into. We had that term tagged to us, and it seemed slightly derogatory. It was partly because a lot of the people in those bands used to go see us when they were younger, then they all formed bands, and they were openly into us. But they all kinda had their own thing going, but what they all had in common was chorus and flanger pedals. That wasn’t what we were doing. It was literally that approach to music that made me do what I was doing. I couldn’t stand that you could hear the pattern of the effect. So instead of being psychedelic, it was the opposite. It was something that your mind immediately recognizes, and ignores. So it was weird being linked to something that was in many ways the exact opposite of what we were about."

Kevin Shields

Sn@ke

Sn@ke is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|