View Single Post
Old 03.17.2015, 06:31 PM   #446
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I feel like it will be weird if that song is NOT on the album. It's been like "the single" for months. Then again, think of all the GOOD Friday shit to not make it to Dark Twisted. Shrug. But I feel like it would be a good album closer the same way "Bound2" sounded like nothing else on Yeezus.

Yeah, or maybe (I was thinking) a hidden track, in the same vein as Pinnochio Story.

Bound2 is what made Yeezus a home run for me. The rest of that record was so unexpected and strange, that coming out at the other end with a song as "quintessentially Kanye" as Bound2 was like finding a tenuous euphoria at the end of a bad mushroom trip. But while it was the most "oh that's so Yeezy" song on the record, it also feels like the album's most blatant statement of uncertainty and change. That chorus still hasn't stopped hitting me right in the gut.

I feel like "Only One" could almost be the start of something else... Perhaps a full-length collaboration between Kanye and Paul? I don't know. Probably not. But I remember reading that it was itended to be on the new album.

If they're going to gloss it up and rework it, I'd rather they leave it alone. Cause yeah, at this point it has been "the single" for some time, so it would feel strange to hear a less improvised version.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|