View Single Post
Old 02.25.2017, 01:40 PM   #20740
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i think you're giving too much credence to the fucking oscars, and with that canard (canard?) as a starting point you're building your case on a sandy foundation

the oscars maybe tell you something about what people are talking about today, and that has some weight for sure but it's not really the end all be all of aesthetic judgment, and it certainly has little to do with academia.

i mean. here we were talking about goodfellas and how great it is a quarter of a century later.

you know what won the oscar that year?

dances with wolves.

--

eta: canard was not the right word. what's the right word? i'm hungry, and slightly hangover. i'll find the word later.

Problem is that it's given so much credence and hype every year that it can't help but be noticed. Sci-fi and comedies are two of the most maligned genres critically maligned and will do for a long time yet.

Back to Arrival, the shot where you see one of the ships for the first time in that massive field with the mist rolling down the hills is just...I came.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|