View Single Post
Old 09.06.2013, 02:26 PM   #17900
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I bumped up the playback speed on Tree of Life. Made it much less slow. Thanks VLC!

See, that is EXACTLY WHAT I DID. I watched most of at 4-6x fast forward. After all, they said play it really loud, meh, there weren't exactly explosions or shit like that, just a decent score, but really, it didn't matter. I think this movie was most VISUAL, the appearance, the setting, the facial gestures and miming, so you could have almost watched it all on mute and still got what was important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It definitely looked beautiful and some of the acting was excellent but its message, or what I could make of it, didn't seem particularly original or interesting in the end.

The cinematography, setting, and delivery were perfect, and as you said, beautiful. Actually, it sort of proves Rob's point about Brad Pitt being better looking than an actor, and in Tree of Life that was true. The facial expressions, body posturing, gestures, and miming were more important than the script. So delivery trumped substance, and visual imagery trumped plot. That being said, I agree with evollove, watch it in fast forward for the most part, it was the only way I managed to sit through much of it, but I still enjoyed the view. Hence why I'm not sure if I liked it, but know for sure that I didn't not like it

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|