View Single Post
Old 09.10.2014, 02:13 PM   #1056
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
But that is the thing, I liked the beats, sound, and production LEAST OF ALL! It was like, "Game, what the fuck are you thinking?" All his previous post-Gunit records and mixtapes were distinctly Westcoast throwbacks, and he made that his trademark.. Then he makes this record full of more "experimental" beats and sounds following the crap sounds coming out of the Eastcoast the past few years?? Fuck that shit. One thing about the Game is he truly was the legacy of Eazy E and had a "fuck what rap on the radio sounds like" approach.. Jesus Piece was a departure from that kind of attitude..

Dude, I think I speak for everyone when I say that, while we're all a bunch of uncompromising loyalists in our own ways (insult Wu, Jigga, Kanye or BIG and I will rampage like wut!!; NR & louder are the same way, with their own slightly different but still overlapping groups of artists) ... We all love rancor and venom, and we love to hate the bitches who hate what we love, but...

DAMN, bro... you need to let the East/West thing go already! We get it, you live in LA. You like music from a particular era and region, and you like to think that there are still "west coast" artists and "non-west coast (aka Bullshit) artists" but that's just not how things work anymore.

Kendrick and Kanye are successful touring partners now. One of the best hip hop tours in ages. South mingles and mixes with East and East hires producers from the west. The war is over, bro! F***ing Happy Christmas!

And on the subject of Game, I'm a bigger fan of his than I ever thought I would be. I own so many of his albums, and I never saw that coming. The guy's a beast, and yeah, Jesus Piece was a change in direction for the dude... Yes, it has Kanye West and his universal influence all over it, and yeah, a lot of people were fucking disappointed by it. But I say fuck all that. The album is WAY better than anyone is wiling to admit, and it's because Game took a chance and switched shit up a little.

Would you rather he just stagnate, and make the same record over and over again? The title track from that album was one of the best tracks of 2012. Meek Mill on the opener, killin it like it was 95? Pusha T on Name me King? Fucking shit was dope, though Chris Brown should be retroactively removed from all the good albums that have been sullied by his fucking presence.

All I'm saying is: seriously? With the west coast stuff? Your loyalty is admirable, but it's causing you to hate on the very artists you're loyal to, just because they're no longer stuck in a 20 year old mindset that just about ruined the collaborative nature of hip hop music, all because the media was BORED and wanted rap music to go away, so they attempted to turn it against itself.

Fuck hatin'... I love ALL coasts just like NR.

As long as it's not that goddamn Inner-mountain West hip hop... God, I hate those Boise/Boulder bitches with their snow pants and cowboy hats!!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|