View Single Post
Old 04.11.2006, 08:29 AM   #24
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i think your teacher is a fucking retard who has to bluff her knowledge of literature

i know the type. they are stupid and insecure and they compensate by acting all authoritarian and stupid. breakfast at tiffany's a movie? A BOOK FIRST!!

fucking morons!

technique: kiss her ass. DO NOT contradict her or you will elicit greater insecurity and therefore greater anger. don't waste your time trying to prove how much more you've read (you probably have). instead tell her (without being too obvious) how much her class has helped you discover new books, or some other shit like that.

i hope she does not alienate you from good books. in any case some of those recommendations are short stories so it might not be sufficient. brothers karamazov on the other hand is quite long. notes from the underground might do.

so if she needs a fiction book that hasn't been made into a movie it might be hard to find these days. clockwork orange is an amazing little book you can read in a couple of hours. but then.. blah blah... under 150 pages: yes, get notes from the underground. ok bye.
You are totally right. Although, I haven't really read that much. Either way I really haven't learned a single thing in that class. I guess I'll ask her today whether or not The Metamorphosis is good. if that is turned down I'll move on to the Double (that one is shorter) and then Notes from the Undground.