View Single Post
Old 10.22.2008, 01:09 PM   #98
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
if you were saying this in reference to the jesus lizard, they are one of the few (3 or 4) bands i listened to in the 90s that i still enjoy now. in fact i like them a lot more now.

Nah, it was more in reference to something Pookie says quite a bit - if you were around at the time (I wasn't) Pixies were for gays. Personally, I suspect anyone floating around and 'of a decent age' (I wasn't) in the early 90s would've picked the Stone Roses over MBV. Nirvana would've still been as big, but I doubt a poll of people of 'a decent listening age' in the 90s would produce the same results.

And then there's the fact that 50 horses in my field is an amazing record, but there's no way I would've picked up on that at the time. I wonder what other amazing records I've missed in the 90s? Maybe there's that timeless Mundy album I'm missing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|