View Single Post
Old 03.23.2012, 08:45 AM   #8
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
The cool thing about timeless badass tunes is that whenever I tire of them...I can take a break. And whenever I return to them, sometimes years later, I remember how fucking amazing they are and they'll sound new to me again. Television's "Marquee Moon" is a prime example of this. So is virtually everything by Nirvana (a band I usually spend a week out of the year re-absorbing/getting excited about before I bore of them again).

A lot of those old guys paved the way so much shit it's unreal. Like w/ Television...a lot of folks like to talk about them as being this prototypical punk rock band. Whenever I listen to them, they sound more post-punk to me. An evolved form of punk before punk happened. So damned far ahead of their time. I still, whenever listening to them, will pick up on suttle things I don't remember from previous listens. Modest Mouse/Pavement/Fugazi could never do that for me. Whenever I go back and listen to them they sound just as boring as they ever did.

That's a great answer. Maybe THE answer.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|