View Single Post
Old 11.01.2007, 07:04 PM   #1039
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse
the double life of veronique...
not sure how much i enjoyed it really, the styling and cinematography, although visually spectacular, felt really contrived at points. it was quite dissapointing as i loved the styling in the trilogy but here it was too abundant and made me feel like kieslowski was using it as a cop-out, styling the film for the sake of it to make up for the laziness of the plot. i really felt like i wanted a literal explanation about the two women, and i think that leaving the film with such ambiguity did not fit into the narrative style of the film as a whole. i felt like it was just awkward to not explain such things - sometimes having too many possible outcomes just reeks of clumbsiness.

veronique is way before the trilogy.

the 2 women come from his theory of human spare tires
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|