Thread: Ethiopiques
View Single Post
Old 02.06.2007, 07:03 PM   #13
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Since this got bumped, let's all take a moment to listen to Mohammed "Jimmy" Mohammed, who appeared on Vol. 2 of the Ethiopiques series and who passed away a couple of months ago. I saw him about 3-4 times opening up/playing after The Ex and it was probably him who made me want to check out the Ethiopiques series in the first place. I've nicked the text/translation and mp3 below from someone's blog:

De Volkskrant, 23 december 2006:
“Jimmy” Mohammed Has Passed Away

“Ethiopian Singer Mohammed “Jimmy” Mohammed has died last Sunday in Addis Abeba. He was sick. Mohammed, a blind man, gifted with passionate singing skills based on improvisation, was known in the Netherlands for his co-operation with guitar player Terrie Ex and drummer Han Bennink. His trio toured successfully through France, Italy and Austria recently. He also played at the Crossing Border Festival at The Hague. This year his album “Takkabel!” was launched at Dutch Terp Records. Mohammed “Jimmy” Mohammed was 45 years old”.

Mohammed Jimmy Mohammed - Sewetchi Men Yilalu (from Takkabel! - Terp Records 2006)
http://d.turboupload.com/d/1357990/S...ilalu.mp3.html
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|