View Single Post
Old 11.11.2016, 10:32 AM   #12
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
since everyone is doing a mini-bio:

i grew up in various latin american cities. i read kiddie comix from ages 3 to 7. first disney shit then batman superman etc. was a huge batman fan when i was 3. but i'd read a comic in 10 minutes and then needed another. literally, like, i'd get a comic at the drugstore and by the time we were home i was finished.

going shopping my parents would drop me off at the reading section of the supermarket and pick me up after i'd be ther 2 hours reading. i read really fast.

i guess that was my problem with comics-- i read faster than we could pay for them. so books were juicier-- at least would take me 4 or 6 hours.

then at about age 10 discovered tintin and astérix which were in my school library. read those up but there wasn't a lot more. i started drawing comics then and trying to write my own. eventually i moved on to books for good around age 12-13. except, i'd read CONDORITO at the barber. probably nobody here knows wtf is condorito. it's kind of a latin american institution.

there's a long history of latin american comic strips but mostly humor, somewhat political. e.g., mafalda. or boogie el aceitoso.

then i moved to the u.s.

i discovered grownup comics only recently. sandman is just fucking fantastic. got also into fables for a while, love & rockets was great,etc. preacher! i loved preacher.

i can't see myself buying single comics though. it's like, they last me 5 minutes. collected volumes yeah.

i'd like to check out corto maltese some day.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|