View Single Post
Old 06.20.2006, 09:58 PM   #6
marsvoodoo
empty page

marsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of lightmarsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of lightmarsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of lightmarsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of lightmarsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of lightmarsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of light
=D
tonight when i got home the nice square box was over the table!!

i'm listening to it for the second time now, and before the arriving of the vinyl i have completelly avoided to listen even live records, just to make a kind of surprise to myself, or feel for the first time how really is to know a record from a favorite band looking at it spining on the turntable without have listened the songs before it and, oh fuck, it's great!!!!! =D
unfortunally i never have the money to do the same with other groups that i really like and "trust", but i'll try to do it everytime with sy, at least... (already ordered the helen lundeburg 7"!)
i really recomend that other mp3-generation-kids like me that are fans of whocareswhat do the same, it's really worthy =D
about the vinyl preference, well, cds don't attract me as much as vinyls =)
and the r ripped packaging is very very pretty, and very simple too, and i guess it's really in tune with......
about the songs, i loved it already in the first listening, and it almost don't happen.
i read a lot of commentaries about, so i didn't expect another nurse, or murray street, or dirty, or syr bla bla bla, or confusion.... or _______, but in reality i really didn't WANT another ________... i mean, when i wanna hear sonic youth playing in some especific way, i just hear to the respective songs, and rediscover them, and stuff...
during the first listening i felt the familiar feeling that i felt in the first time that sy caught my atention (some years after i had the first contact with their music) and started to became one, and probably THE ONE, of my favorite groups.
i don't know if is a "good" or a "bad" record, and i don't feel confortable with ranking SY albums, i mean... i listen to them a lot, i think i hardly stay more than four days without listening to some tracks, and each time is a new (ok, more experienced, but still new) time, and every album, every "era" has it's own days to me, so i just can't think about "the favorite", but anyway, listening to r ripped was really enjoyable and i'm very glad with the way that the new songs sound!!!! i'm very satisfied with this "new orientation" too, even appreciating A LOT SY's noisy stuff.

so that's it!
*being a happy fan*

hope to see the band around here this year again!! (ok, it won't happen, but it's good to expect anyway...)
marsvoodoo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|