View Single Post
Old 04.25.2009, 06:03 PM   #87
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Blonde on Blonde is quite simply one of those albums I could never imagine living without now. Up until Blonde on Blonde, there's basically no single person in the history of music I love as much as Dylan. For my money, the classic "electric trilogy" represents possibly the greatest trilogy of releases I've ever heard. The only competition is EVOL-Daydream, VU & Nico-VU and possibly Nick Drake's 3 albums.

The problem is that after that, I think he's released some great stuff, but it all just seems to be "another album that isn't as good as Blonde on Blonde or the albums that preceded it", and somehow it dims it. Oh, and he has released some real dreck. I have never enjoyed Desire at all really.

I would feel bad saying that I wish he'd stopped after BOB, because that would mean a lot of great music would never have been made, but on the other hand I would in some way find his discography more stunning to me as a whole if he'd died in that motorcycle crash in 1966. It'd be perfect. God, I feel awful saying that. There's some truth to it though.

So fuck it:

Sad-eyed lady of the lowlands,
Where the sad-eyed prophet says that no man comes,
My warehouse eyes, my Arabian drums,
Should I leave them by your gate,
Or, sad-eyed lady, should I wait?
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|