View Single Post
Old 03.09.2007, 12:14 AM   #29
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
I really do not care for a summary of your musical tastes, as this isn't a discussion about Sun Ra or The Carpenters.

The "summary" (and trust me, it's far from a summary) was in response to your accusation that I favor artists rehashing themselves and staying in their safety zone. This is so distant from the truth that I felt I should provide some examples to the contrary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
But what I am saying is that your opinion is silly, because it seems based on the idea that the Bad Seeds have, at some point in their career, pandered to a particular audience (in this case, MTV), when I don't believe that to be true at all.

I have to chuckle that your comments were followed by a letter posted by Terminal Pharmacy where Cave thanks the folks at MTV for their support! Of course he also attempts to make clear that he isn't pandering by asking not to be nominated for an award, but that's hardly the same thing as not wanting his videos in rotation in front of that audience. He makes is perfectly clear he does want that, and that he seemed to be getting it. I wonder why? Could it be that the songs that accompanied them were significantly more palatable to that audience than some of his other work?
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|