View Single Post
Old 05.22.2012, 11:24 PM   #8
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
Sure, I understand. Ramones are alright and admittedly fun to listen to occasionally, but nothing more for me. I'd definitely rather listen to the Wipers which is possibly my favorite band, at least in a top 5 somewhere. Youth of America is my favorite record I've ever listened to... it's a bit shorter than ITR? and Over the Edge but I personally thought those could've left a few tracks out to make them much more effective. I know many wouldn't agree with that, but I think Youth of America is the perfect culmination of sound from them. I don't think I agree entirely with "preachy" being a detrimental thing to music though. Lyrics can often allude to something that individual listeners interpret as a variety of things/"messages". It's something that really depends for me, and my main point in my initial post is merely about how a gimmick or specific approach can demonstrate a perihperal outer shell for what is most vital, which is the music. I guess I've just never understood the fascination, but I suppose I'm alright with it. I hate to sound sanctimonious as well but most of my peers are usually more decisive at first glance, consuming only what the material seemingly is, as opposed to (again, this probably isn't even necessary most of the time) attempting to see it for what it is and gain an understanding of it through personal observation.

I haven't slept in a long time and I'm done, y'know, rambling.

I just think, in most cases, a specified message (in the way of lyrics, especially) often compromises the integrity of the actual music.