Thread: Teenage Riot
View Single Post
Old 01.30.2011, 03:57 PM   #4
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
At the university campus where I work, there are pockets of student protest groups that've managed to comandeer their own little meeting rooms, with stereos and the like. I catch what they're listening to and it's always either dubstep or reggae or the odd bit of hip hop. I don't think I've ever heard a rock record once. Contrast that with stories of US troops whizzing around the middle east in tanks, blarring out Pantera and Neil Young CDs. So does Rock have even the slightest relevance to young rebellious teenagers anymore?
Rock music hasn't been an inspiration to protesting by itself since I remember being conscious of exisisting. And it's not like the keener on opposing descriminating laws will have necessarily a good taste in rock music anyway. Rock music(the more hardcore, I'm the real deal underground type of stuff) itself has become increasingly wordless over the years, or just plain outsider reporting narrative. The whole Dylan, Lydon etc tradition of playing it doesn't suit these times because the world is naturally a more complex place. Even the personal struggles seldom get dealt with in a suitable manner imo.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|