View Single Post
Old 06.26.2012, 01:22 PM   #35
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
-It is odd how Rather has gotten better over time. How does it do that? I'm hoping the same thing happens with Eternal. Maybe five years from now I'll love it. Right now I don't.

-Pop. I suppose Rather and Eternal (not to mention Dirty) are all considered their "pop" albums. That's some fucked up pop, you must admit. I don't think Katy Perry will be covering any SY tunes anytime soon.

I thought Rather Ripped kicked ass right out of the gate, and I am happy to say to to any of y'all sonic snobs. We had this same kind of knee-jerk be a jerk reactions about Sonic Nurse when we thought it was the "last album" and everybody was having silly nostalgia for albums like Daydream Nation or Sister or EVOL blah blah.. ..woof ..woof.. meh.

I think Sonic Nurse is the greatest album they've ever made, and truly one of the top ten of ALL TIME by anybody. Yet so many folks took what seemed like years to finally realize just what kind of masterpiece it was. That being said, yes folks will inevitably come to terms with a better understanding of The Eternal. Is it as good as Sonic Nurse? Of course not. Does it suck? Hardly

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|