View Single Post
Old 05.02.2010, 07:15 PM   #58
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
demonrail & lurker-- i've read your arguments with great pleasure, so much so that if you were women i'd want to make babies with you. being that both of you are men and i'm not big on hairy bodies, if we ever meet in person i'll get you both drunk and the drinks are on me. and no worries, bro-rape won't occur if you're unconscious.

anyway, i'm not adding anything to this discussion because you two have basically covered most of what i'd have to say-- except perhaps to add that if the academic humanities hadn't dug themselves into a hole of social irrelevancy they'd perhaps stand a better chance to get financial support.

i use the words "academic humanities" because we still have a number of public intellectuals making a decent living at what they do-- love them or hate them, they often count for something. and yes, some work in academia too, but that's besides the point.

and if someone asks "what is a public intellectual?"-- it's a knowledgeable person able to present important ideas free of incomprehensible twattish jargon, and in a cogent manner, so that a reasonably educated person can understand them and actually acquire new knowledge from them. they usually publish books that sell well, articles in non-obscure magazines, and get interviewed by charlie rose (ha ha ha) (but seriously, they do).

who is charlie rose, you ask?

http://vimeo.com/3094302
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|