View Single Post
Old 10.15.2007, 02:06 PM   #975
nomowish
children of satan

nomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWRA
I’m not sure what I think about American Beuaty. The scenes with Kevin Spacey having his mid life crisis, quitting his job and listening to rock music, etc, are brilliant, unpretentious fun; the scenes with that odd bloke talking about the poetic beauty of a shopping bag blowing the wind are embarrassing.

Six years ago I was so moved by it. Six years later I enjoyed it more than I expected, but I didn't think it was great; just pretty good.

The shopping bag video made me cry six years ago I must admit. Six years later I wasn't moved at all. Notice that music plays in this scene. Apparently the filmmaker didn't trust the image enough to move the audience on its own.

There is something forced about the Wes Bentley/look closer scenes. The audience shouldn't be told something is beautiful.
nomowish is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|