View Single Post
Old 12.11.2015, 11:54 PM   #47581
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Wow. All this Pavement talk made me take a quick dash through Crooked which I haven't heard a note of in years and years. Oh, how the memories poured in, from the time in my life when this was growing into a favorite. Damn it's still a good record. No wonder I played it a thousand times. I even like how the second side starts to wane after "Range Life", then ends with a good epic-ish song--the very same sequence found on so many classic rock albums. And the rhyme "Shake their hand/Protein plan" is good stuff.

If they had swapped out "Hit the Plane Down" for "Grounded" and then broke up after the album's release, I'd probably be wearing a Pavement tattoo right now.

there's something so... 'classic' about Crooked Rain. I dont' know how to say it right. It feels like one of those sort of records that in 20 years people will still talk about.

Don't get me wrong, i think S&E is the better record but it might be more niche. Crooked sounds so universal. How do you not hear "Cut Your Hair" or "Range Life" or "Silence Kit" or... you get it - and not just connect immediately like "ok, yeah, I get this band." ?