View Single Post
Old 06.06.2007, 08:59 AM   #26
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Jimi hendrix was the greatest guitarist ever. Please do not forget that in his short 27 years he played with everyone from blues acts to jazz bands to little richard to the experience, band of gypsies, etc. He was a genius, undoubtedly, and he is most definitely in the running for BEST GUITARIST EVER and if you do not think so then you are CRAZY and deluded or sme sort of hipster than wants to name drop some japanese noise guy.

without jimi hendrix NONE of the music we listen to and love (sonic skronk music) would have come about. there would ne no velvets, there would be no sonic youth.

Jimi Hendrix died at age 27, if he had lived, he woudl be playing free jazz improv concerts with lee ranaldo and thurston and blowing their asses out of the water.

Jimi played lead and ryhtm at the same time, with a right handed guitar backwards and strung upside down. self taught.

Long live Jimi.

Jimi, please forgive them for they know not what they do.

Spot on Mr. Instigator.

Greatness is measured not just by his technical ability, but by the innovations he made within his chosen art form and his influence on his peers and the generations of musicians ( not just guitarists ) that came after him.

On all three counts Hendrix is head and shoulders above every other guitarist I can think of so, yes I think Hendrix was the best guitarist ever.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|