View Single Post
Old 09.03.2015, 11:42 AM   #19010
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
no. are you talking about the tesseract part? yeah that was out there. like I said, it seem to jump through time and space and planet to planet with little to no effort(yes, I know there was a wormhole). like, "well, time to go to some galaxy millions of light years away. guess I see you when I see you. peace out." nobody seemed amazed about anything that was happening unlike a movie like Contact and a little comedy came into play when matt damon showed up.

I enjoyed the suspense. not the science.

What about the ending? Where Coop and TARS go into the .. You know what.. And end up.. You know where/when... and ... yknow *morse code* and stuff....

I mean, as a whole, it seems quite sci-fi to me. Like the polar opposite of Gravity in many ways. Gravity was an isolation thriller that took place in space. It wasn't a film I'd compare to Interstellar. Gravity was realistic, with zero fantasy elements. Interstellar was science/speculative fiction plain and simple.

But I guess the genuine human quality in both stories was more realist than anything else. On that level, yeah, the two films share a Very human emotional core, with symbolic emphasis on parenthood and grief.

So I suppose I dig.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|