View Single Post
Old 06.15.2011, 01:31 AM   #14884
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
The Limits of Control

7/10

I saw the tail end of this some time back, and was intrigued enough that I made a note to myself to check it out if it was ever on again, to see if it made more sense as a whole. Well, it was on again, and yeah, it made more sense but still left you in the dark as to the motive behind this man's journey/mission/assignment. But I suppose it's not really as important WHY he's doing it as much as it is that he's doing it. Since you're with the main character nearly the whole time and every other characters' only real purpose seems to be in guiding him to his "target", it gives the film a very linear feel. I liked how at the end, he changes into a completely different outfit, showing either he's free of the "control" his employer had over him, or that the "Lone Man" is as much a character to the Lone Man himself as he is to the audience. I guess I'd watch it again, but only if I'm in the mood for something slow. Maybe I'm just not experienced with minimalist films. It had a cool soundtrack, though (Boris is heavily featured).