View Single Post
Old 12.18.2006, 05:13 PM   #32
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I
Do
Not
Buy
Diamonds.

Jesus fucking christ.
Just because I don't go around on a high horse telling everyone what they should be doing doesn't mean I haven't made a few choices on what I will or won't spend my money on.

Money or the lack thereof is the only thing that a large corporation reponds to.

If I "cared about nothing," why would I engage you in the first place?

Part of "leading by example" is not being a know-it-all, condescending jackass. If you want people to be sympathetic to your views (and especially if you truly want to get someone to change their behavior), why would you start off my making generalizations about them and making tangential remarks about their personal lives that may or may not have anything to do with the point you are trying to make?

Yeah, that approach wins tons of converts. It also sure doesn't give any ammunition to the kind of people who like to point at activists on the left and dismiss them as a bunch of snooty elitists who like to talk down to people.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|