View Single Post
Old 02.14.2011, 09:57 PM   #20
Cooking With Satan
little trouble girl

Cooking With Satan kicks all y'all's assesCooking With Satan kicks all y'all's assesCooking With Satan kicks all y'all's assesCooking With Satan kicks all y'all's assesCooking With Satan kicks all y'all's assesCooking With Satan kicks all y'all's assesCooking With Satan kicks all y'all's assesCooking With Satan kicks all y'all's assesCooking With Satan kicks all y'all's assesCooking With Satan kicks all y'all's assesCooking With Satan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Geek thread, yeah!

I rarely go lower than 14 on my electric. It's absolute bollocks that you can't bend, and you get a much better response on left-right vibrato. The problem is that most people have bad left hand technique - too many people watching Hendrix's thumb barres and not noticing that he has hands the size of Belgium. If you've got your thumb properly behind the neck, you should be able to bend through three semitones with minimal problems.

I struggle to trust guitarists who use thinner gauges, to be honest. Learn to play, don't sacrifice tone. That's my motto.

Also, breaking strings means you have bad technique or a badly setup guitar. Unless you're twatting it with a drumstick, but that's a different matter.

Hendrix used light gauge 10 - 38s.

Although, those Fender strings he used had the tension of regular 10 - 46s.
Cooking With Satan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|