View Single Post
Old 09.18.2010, 07:17 AM   #27
purplebumblebee
bad moon rising

purplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's assespurplebumblebee kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
set was amazing. typical sheer, earsplitting, terror, dark, ambient, drone, noise attack a la Lee. he really know what he's doing with his guitar and pedals. despite whole set was impro., he had control over story and concept, creating pure unique art soundscapes born that very moment and never coming back in time, again in some new, different, weird, unique setting, made it very special occasion as always. but you know that. it's about that moment and audio or video recording is really just tiny, slight indication of what it really was.

for me 2 new elements in his typical set from what I've seen before. using a smartphone (ehrmm, or htc or iphone 4) against the strings, playing a voicemail or smth. from phone via picks. very cool. and finally new pictures! no more stan's or drift vids, but something new. not that i don't like drift videos, but it's been some time he was using them. from what he told me it's from some french artist, but I can't remember the name now.

yeah, i had a brief chat with him. asked him about releasing new soundtrack to Gobert's movie (they will release it, they still mixing it). joking and biting about if, when and why still no propper Lee Ranaldo record, that so many people are waiting (he replied with smile saying he's working on it). mentioned sy gossip board (moshe, rappard, jef mertens was few of names i mentioned and he recognize them very well). then we've just talked about what bringing him to such a tiny town in southwest of Ireland and how he likes it. no question about sy from my side. forgot to ask him so many things i wanted, well next time. pity i've miss yesterday seminar he had. couldn't stay for two days.

talking about atmosphere and stuff it was ok. really nice small venue (pub), which must be very known locally, maybe internationally as well....seeing pictures of famous musicians who visited that place hanging on the walls. quite nice crowd turned up for such a small town. i'd say around 50-80 people and as usually it goes on sy happenings, represented by every generation. i think people were expecting something else tho. i'd say propper songs. you could see different reactions. but in the end he got a great applause and thanks and reactions vere great from what i've been talking to strangers.

i'll share my 48kHz/24bit master recording on dime soon.

it was nice to meet sonic sphere from gossip forum...again....such a lovely guy. thanks for taking care of me and my grlf. and staying in yr friends house overnight. thanks to rob as well!

Excellent write up!
Was there too :-) have to say was very excited to see the hanging guitar, I knew then what was in store for us
Spoke with Lee after, such a friendly nice chap, easy to talk too, god only knows what I was saying to him though
Very special night indeed, lots of nice folk out for it too