View Single Post
Old 09.14.2014, 12:51 PM   #18155
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
jonathan glazer's

UNDER THE SKIN

fantastic movie! excellent in every way. superb camera work and editing and great performance by scarlett. great soundtrack. my only complaint would be the nearly impossible to understand scottish accents, but eh-- it's a film of few words anyway-- moods are more important here. this movie is stylish as fuck.

extra bonus if you like scarlett, because you get to stare & stare at her until you have memorized every aspect of her face and many of her body as well-- quite the scopophiliac's delight.

i understand this is a distant adaptation of a dutch novel, but having read now a synopsis of the book this seems to me a much better story purged of the blatant didacticism of the source material.

my only problem here is with an underlying gender narrative that i won't discuss in this post but maybe another time if people are willing to handle total and absolute spoilers.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|