Thread: ATP festival!
View Single Post
Old 12.12.2006, 02:18 PM   #171
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by franz biberkopf
Well it certainly was a festival - but it wasn't ATP , oh no. My memories of the previous ATPs are of an almost 1950's simplicity, a real outsider community spirit and a warm intimacy. None of this was present at the All tomorrow's festival I have just been to. This time it was in Butlins Minehead which was twice the size of Camber sands but with all the allure of an Argos Store. Unfortunately this year's 'Nightmare before Christmas' was a sprawling grotesque monstrosity of a shopping mall filled with disorientated indie boys queuing to see bands. Yes, that's right QUEUING. We were given colour coded wrist bands which entitled you to certain shows of the more popular bands. Some of these were over- subscribed so you didn't always get to see what you wanted. Oh, for the simplicity of the upstairs or downstairs of Camber Sands! The organizers obviously tried their best by getting bands to perform again but that did nothing to add to the odd atmosphere that was wafting through the air along with a burger king/Pizza Hut aroma.
BUT - I did have a good time despite this - because I know how to make the best out of a bad situation and not bitch and moan as I have always felt the urge to strangle people who do so (usually people who work in the music industry). So, to lighten the mood I did a spot of naked erotic dancing for my other 'arf which seem to be going quite well until a chalet-maid caught sight of me while posting one of many ATP's apologies through the door. I am sure it must have lightened her mood or maybe depressed her for the rest of the day - who knows?. Also, just for fun I went into the 'Splash World' which surprisingly wasn't a piss-party at a band's chalet - mores the pity. It was a water-world of slides and wave making thingies in pools which I definitely approve of apart from UB40 being played in there which made me try to drown myself in the hot - tub when 'red red wine' began piping around the place. On entering the pool it kind of looked like a an indie- soup - lots of beards floating on the surface of the water - and that was just the women. I then realized that this Splash-world was merely an excuse to see your fellow (by now rather bad-tempered) campers naked - which of course I wholeheartedly approved of. When I grew tired of perving over 'naked-indie' and to be honest one of my many lovely allergies began to arrive in the shape of child abuse style marks on across my skin, I decided to brave the water-slide which felt like being pushed down a moldy staircase, kicked in the balls and spat at at the end. Cheer's. Ah, and the bands of course, well I had flu (I know) so had to cry off early some nights so didn't see everything I wanted to but my favourites were Hive mind (who got me very excited), the Skaters (who were my favourites), Double leopards, Stooges, Wolf Eyes (SOO FUCKING LOUD), Blood Stereo, Bark Haze(who sounded like Big Black when I entered the venue), Dead Machines, and Mr Wooden Wand (who you wouldn't kick out of bed would you?) I caught some nice TV too whilst I was being a sick fuck; early PIL, Foxes (nice soft focus teenage girls) and a very strange choice of 'Sleepaway camp ' (Mr Thurston Moore's choice....) So all in all a mixed bag but I do feel quite sad at the demise of the old ATP but I suppose to change is to progress - or was it 'change equals death'?

I'm not the only whiney bitch!

Hurrah!
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|