View Single Post
Old 12.29.2016, 10:56 AM   #5
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Slint. All Jeff Muellers stuff...and Magnapinna. The new Parlour got boring quick.

You mean Mueller's solo album, or his bands like Rodan, Shipping News, etc.? Not because it matters, just curious.

I was BIG into Rodan and June of 44 when I was a wee boyman, playing in my first couple bands and such. I think Mueller had a major had a massive influence on my guitar playing, as I used to jam on "I Get My Kicks For You" constantly, trying to replicate the sound and vibe of the riff.
I would say Slint did as well, but as a band their sound was defined more by the dynamic between players than by any individual instrument. The result being that you really needed a four-piece band of likeminded individuals to duplicate the sound. Mimicking the guitar parts alone just didn't do it.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|