View Single Post
Old 03.13.2019, 09:02 AM   #104
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
haha, no Jimmy Choo here, I only spend on regular shit like food etc., and an occasionaly synthesizer

I don't know man, I need to think it through. Here in Slovakia I make way less money, but also the costs are really low - and the wage/costs ratio is higher than I'd have in Switzerland.

some thoughts bouncing in my head you’ve probably already considered but i’ll mention nevertheless

-what are your opportunities for advancement/ skill acquisition/ if you stay?
-same, if you go?
-working conditions/job satisfaction/etc?
-have you mentioned this wage ratio to the swiss? did they say anything?
-how is their offer to you comparable to salaries of professionals like you there? and how do these people live?
-which of these large “deductions” have alternatives, and which ones are unavoidable?
-are there short term “austerity” options that would let you keep more money in your pocket while you find your place in the new system?
-what are the prospects for your partner’s work, or not, and change in income?

not asking you for answers (much less publicly, lol internet) but offering things to consider.

maybe this is a little short term to recommend you the book DECISIVE by dan and chip heath but yeah. if you’re a quick reader get to it right now. also comes as audio book. discuss it with the family. actually, the very first chapter is about a historic job offer

last thing is: what would be your options if you went but then wanted to go back? (“prepare to be wrong” the heath bros. call it). and what would be your options if europa takes a shit and your current job starts to suck hard or the politics go awry?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|