View Single Post
Old 11.06.2006, 06:14 AM   #45
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted_kennedy
This is just illogical to me. Of course they should mess with the formula. I hate bands that stick with the same formula (e.g. Oasis). I think thats why I like early SY cos u had SY EP, Sister, Evol, Whitey, DDN and all of them sounded VERY different. I recognise that the newer albums arent all the same, but they arent all that different either.

And I didnt want to get into this and turn this thread into a referendum on Kid A, but that album is DEFINITELY innovative. I remember the week it was coming out, every mainstream newspaper and mag was gearing up to make radiohead the next U2. Then the album came out and there was no chance of that. One of the most innovative records in modern times. I still listen to it.
Yeah but could you explain a little better and more clearly what innovative means to you?Also,i don't recall Radiohead being castigated all that much from the media for Kid A.Sure the got some stick for it but getting some stick from the mainstream media for something doesn't make an album innovative in the slightest.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|