View Single Post
Old 02.01.2017, 04:37 AM   #10
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
I find modular to be the oddest trend, not in terms of the music that you guys are obviously making but more so this proclivity among techno producers to use a modular to create a 4/4 with some bloops on top. in that sphere it seems like pure fetishism, using a tool to imbue your music with some sorta warped cultural/intellectual value. which isn't to say that when placed in the right hands it can't be really great, and I'm loving it for shifting listeners' attentions back to live music in particular, giving ordinarily quite tepid music at least some sense of volatility.

sure thing and good point about 4/4 techno music from modulars - utter waste of money. Much better investment in this case would be some good drummachines, synths and to mix it all up in software DAW and you save 2-3thousand USD.

I've been giving this a proper thought before actually purchasing my first modules, and said to myself that I'd use a compact and suitcase-sized system for live improvised non-linear electronics with nice analogue sound (analogue VCOs and filters). As soon as I come near my Analog Four/Octatrack HW combo or computer, I always float around stuff with rhythm, and modular synth enables me to make some free floating generative stuff.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|