View Single Post
Old 11.19.2010, 04:02 PM   #37935
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions

this one's really under appreciated. I really like the Beat The Boots series. It's interesting cuz FZ just acquiesced and reelased them exactly as tehy were on the bootlegs. Ddin't fix the art, didnt fix titles, dind't clean up the sound. It's like he just said "ok I like THESE bootlegs so they're done." Anyway, this one has some really amazing downer jazz moments. I listen to this one a f'kcing LOT. Of all the FZ that I'm into, it's definitely his jazz side that means the most to me and gets the most replays. I was already pretty into him before I finally heard (the vinyl rip of) HOT RATS and it just blew my mind. For real. Like that was it. No turning back. I was a bigtime FZ fan after that. Anyway back to this album -- Piquantique, it's not super long or anything like most live jazz sets, but I'll tell you this it's worth it for the inclusion of the otherwise rare "Dupree's Paradise." This track just chills me out so bad everytime I hear it. It's one of those tracks I put on and I'm like "so THIS is why Madlib used to always mention Zappa" kind of things. So good. /done