View Single Post
Old 10.10.2007, 10:35 AM   #29
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
also the thing that kills me is that this guy also puts the disclaimer and i've seen it at other blogs, "for all official releases, the files are to be deleted within 24 hrs and are to be only used for promotional purposes only". I mean how does he have the right to decide on behath of the band what is to be used as promotional and not??? and how is he going to now that this is actually going to happen is everyone who is going to upload going to do delete the files in good faith??? c'mon lets not kid ourselves with this bullshit disclaimer which basically is an attempt to "cover his own ass" if he gots caught in some sort of SNAFU...

Also on every "official" release there are very obvious written copyrights written on the liner notes or the disc itself, only "copying or distribution is a violation of law" this is the standard that has been set in place, what is happening is a violation and not fair to the band as they have lost the right on how their released material or how their label is distributing the music! the band has made a decision to have the label and its distribution do these things for them, so please... the argument of blame the "Majors" is utter crap to me... the live and out of print stuff is fantastic but i do agree the "official" stuff he has is in bad taste, but that is only my opinion and really not ultimately up to me or us for him to remove, however i'd think anyone who does this sort of thing is running a risk of being fined or looking at some sort of penalty as i believe it will only be a matter of time before the authorities catch up w/ the reality that "free music file sharing" has moved from software programs like napster soulseek etc etc... to "blog sites".
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|