View Single Post
Old 12.07.2009, 04:20 PM   #365
radarmaker
the end of the ugly

radarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
I luv the velvet underground, and I'd probably collect more of their boots if they didn't all sorta sound the same. Like, w/ Stones bootlegs, you see how the Stones evolved over the years (meaning their best years 68-73 or so) and you hear those changes most pronounced on stage in their boots. W/ the vu it could all be from some same long tour.

I dunno, that's only really because of the surfeit of '69 tapes in comparison to other eras.
They did only exist for 5 years after all, and there's clear progression from the early PSAS demos, through Columbus '66, Gymnasium '67, any/all of the '69 stuff and finally the Max's tapes. The only era that isn't really documented is late '67/early '68 while Cale was still there.
radarmaker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|