Thread: religion
View Single Post
Old 07.31.2006, 08:03 PM   #66
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
Okay so there has been 2 whole pages added since I last checked here, and I ain't reading it all.

I love haha how very boastfully he starts off like that...your loss.

Quote:

I think the reasons you said are very common, but maybe more so among people that were Christians at one point. Like you said, people who were raised atheist may just not be interested.

Hey, here's a thought: What about Christians that are raised Christian*? How can they ever believe? I mean, REALLY.
Philosophy begins with doubt. All science begins with doubt as well. If one is conditioned to be a Christian then one can never truly believe, that is, unless they are Jesus or somethin' hehe.

Quote:
But among truely interested people, there are those who have looked into certain areas of religion and found evidence against Christianity and may have a perfectly logical reason for disbelieving it. I have found very convincing evidence against Christianity. Stuff that would, at first glance, make it look ridiculous.

The Old Testament is a history of the Hebrews. It is not pretty. They were a fledgeling civilization in the ancient world & constantly being persecuted.

The tome is bloody.

Animals (almost Issac) was/were sacrificed for God's Love & Mercy. It is filled with epic tales.

The New Testament is about a revolution in consciousness that still has never taken place. Instead, the "faithful" like to incant "In the name of Jesus" at the drop of a hat whilst cooking up ways to lie & judge all the live long day and behave as the antithesis of Jesus. & it's probably all because the were raised Christian*, pretend to be Christian, & actually believe in nothing but themselves; besides, they got a great cover story to abuse.

Jesus spoke in parables & it's His blood that we remember.

The Bible is a Book of Wisdom...the world's greatest. It is not however, meant to be taken entirely literally. Such is the excuse given for the origin of much of the world's strife...the real reason is money though (but of course) which is the false god, but that leads us to politics...

Quote:
But looking further into it (and by this I don't mean deluding myself into seeing something that isn't there) I personally found that Christianity does make a whole lot of sense in just about every way. It depends how willing you are to delve into it. If you stop a quarter of the way in, you'll find a very different answer than if you keep going. I think that's another major reason that people don't believe in God. And I'm not saying that the point I've reached is further than anyone else, but simply that as far as I can tell Christianity makes the most sense.

As I wrote before, I belong to no congregation or affiliation, but I feel good that you have made religion a foundation of your personality & I think it can only help you as long as you truly open yourself up to Love & reject Fear.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|