View Single Post
Old 05.11.2009, 11:09 AM   #6
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Radio mostly sucked when I was growing up in the 70s. Like today, it was dominated by the dumbass commercial stations that played to some imagined "popular" taste. The independents were hard to find, but what was there was good.

Yeah, I do remember anticipating things like crazy until the very day of the release. Unless you knew someone in the industry who had some special advance promo pressing or something, you were just in the dark. I remember scrounging for clues in all the magazines like Creem and Rolling Stone for anything at all about what upcoming releases sounded like. And then I'd haunt the record stores, because back then it was also hard to pin down exact dates of releases. You'd go into the record store and get told one thing one time, another thing another time, and even those guys were always just guessing.