View Single Post
Old 01.02.2017, 07:55 PM   #79
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
That's... odd — from what I heard I thought My Woman was LESS rootsy than Burn Your Fire For No Witness. In any case, if you're saying Olsen's album is better than Hval's, you put the wrong symbol there, pawtna.

Shit, yes I did put the wrong symbol there. Goddam phone. And fingers.

My Woman is less "rootsy" but it's more polished, more direct. And it embraces some seriously rocky structures. At least that's my take. I think there was a deliberate attempt to embrace a kind of classic sound. Burn Your Fire... had all the markings of an indie record. You could hear the tape hissing, the guitar sound was a bit junked up. I think My Woman is cleaner, rockier. Indie is barely a thing anymore, so maybe that's part of it. But again, I'm really not very familiar with it, compare to her last. I need to listen more too.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|