Thread: Best Live Band
View Single Post
Old 09.21.2009, 08:56 PM   #20
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
SHELLAC, Melt Banana, Puppy vs Dyslexia, and Polysics all blew my mind live, more than any other band, for different reasons.

PUPPY VS DYSLEXIA, in particular.. saw them 3 times throughout 2 years and each time was completely different. One time, they had a superfat woman dressed as a fairy reading children's stories in between songs while the band improvised in the background and if she didnt' like what they were doing, she'd press a red button that beeped LOUDLY and they started playing an actual song for a while (I guess... it didn't sound improvised any more) and then she'd press the button again and start reading.

Another time, the entire set was the main guy beating on a floor tom SLOWLY for 20 minutes and chanting while the rest of the band just made sick, disgusting, low-frequency noises. Suddenly, the drummer (with the full set, not the floor tom) does the "drum click" thing (you know, clicks his sticks together 3 times) and they go completely insane, playing fast as fuck and breaking all their equipment and throwing it into the audience and shit and just destroying EVERYTHING. For about a minute. And then the set ended.

Then I saw them again and they played really weird pop, like Pixies but weird...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|